David S. Byrd
- Partner, 1999
David S. Byrd was born in Jefferson County, Tennessee, and remained in Jefferson County where he attended Carson Newman College in Jefferson City and graduated Cum Laude in 1991.
After obtaining his law degree from the University Of Tennessee's College Of Law in 1994, he became associated with the law firm of Capps, Cantwell, Capps & Byrd, being named a partner in 1999. David is engaged in civil trial practice with emphasis in the areas of domestic relations and collections.
David is licensed to practice in all courts in the State of Tennessee as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee and the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. He is also a member and former president of the Hamblen County Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil matters
- Domestic relations
- Juvenile law
- Real estate
- Tennessee, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1999
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1994
- Carson Newman College, Jefferson City, Tennessee
- B.A. - 1991
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Hamblen County Bar Association, Former President