Born in Morristown, Tennessee, Christopher P. (Chris) Capps attended public schools in the area before pursuing a Bachelor Of Arts degree at Centre College in Danville, Ky., for two years.
After transferring to the University of Tennessee, Chris received his degree in Political Science in 1980. Admitted to practice in 1983 after receiving his law degree from the University of Tennessee's College of Law, he spends much of his time litigating in the areas of domestic relations, probate, and personal injury law. Chris also devotes a significant portion of his time to litigating real property and construction law issues.
He was admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee in 1986 and is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association. He was also formerly a hearing officer for the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility. Chris currently serves as the Hamblen County Attorney.
Areas Of Practice
- Domestic relations
- Personal Injury Law
- Tennessee, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1986
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1983
- Centre College, Danville, Kentucky
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- B.A. - 1980
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee's Board of Professional Responsibility, Hearing officer
- Hamblen County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hamblen County Attorney, 2012